Mike Terris Curly Maple Bacon-Style Open Back 5-String Banjo
Bucks County Folk Music Shop is proud to be a Mike Terris Dealer.
This Mike Terris Curly Maple Bacon-Style Open Back 5-String Banjo includes:
- Rim: Highly Figured Curly Maple
- Neck: Highly Figured Curly Maple
- Tone Ring: Bacon-style unplated brass
- Width at Nut: 1 1/4"
- Scooped Neck
- Brackets: 24
- Fingerboard: Ebony, Scooped
- Frets: 16 nickel-silver
- Tuners: 4 Gotoh Planetary with black buttons, Geared 5th peg
- Maple dowel stick
- Steel reinforced neck (not adjustable)
- Head: Fiberskyn 2
- Mother of Pearl inlay on peghead
- Mother of Pearl inlay on fingerboard
- Ebony overlay on peghead
- Ivoroid binding on fingerboard and rim
- Ivoroid heel cap
- Nut: Bone
- Tailpiece: No Knot
- Armrest: Vega-style
- Bridge: 5/8" maple/ebony
- Stain: Honey Maple
- Finish: Gloss
- Hardshell case included but not fitted to banjo, plenty of "wiggle room" around the pot. Other cases are available for purchase.
Mike Terris has been handcrafting exceptional instruments for several decades and for those that know, the craftsmanship and tone of his instruments is of the highest level of quality. Using only the finest grades of wood and other materials his instruments are a sight to behold and to play. One of Mike's amazing skills is to "paint" a picture on his instruments using materials such as inlaid wood, Mother of Pearl, and abalone. And while some may be skilled at creating an instrument that just looks good, a Mike Terris instrument will sound amazing too.
You can view an interview with Mike here made by our good friends Pat and Patrick Costello.