Gibson c. 1947 L-5 "Advanced Body" Natural/Blonde Archtop Acoustic Guitar - USED
Please Contact Us if you would like to purchase this guitar.
This used Gibson circa 1947 L-5 "Advanced Body" Natural/Blonde Archtop Acoustic Guitar is in excellent condition, is all-original, and includes:
- Year: c. 1947
- Serial #99486
- Top: Carved Solid Spruce, 5-Ply Binding on Top
- Back and Sides: Carved Solid Figured Maple, Triple-Bound Back
- Neck: 3-Piece Solid Maple with Mahogany Strip
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Pointed End, 5-Ply Binding
- F-Holes: Bound
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- 17" Wide Body
- Top Bracing: Parallel, Solid, Hand Carved
- Bridge: Adjustable
- Finish: Natural, "Blonde"
- Tuners: Individual Kluson, Gold with Pearloid Buttons
- Tailpiece: Wider, Gold Plated with Silver Insert, Art Deco Style, Engraved with "L5", and 8-Pointed Star Surrounding Hole at Bottom for Allen Wrench Tension Adjustment
- Pickguard: Pearloid, Raised, Multi-Bound
- Peghead: Wider (Non-Snakehead) Blackface with 5-Ply Binding, Pearl Flowerpot and Gold Script "Gibson" Logo Inlay
- Truss Rod Cover
- Inlay on Fingerboard: 8 Mother of Pearl Rectangles, Black Side Dot Position Markers
- Hardshell Case Included
This Advanced Body L-5 is in excellent shape with minimal finish checking and a few minor cosmetic nicks. One hole on side where input jack had previously been installed. Recently gone over, new strings and set-up.