Nechville 2016 Custom Athena 5-String Resonator Banjo - USED
Please Contact Us if you would like to purchase this banjo. We routinely ship instruments both domestically and internationally.
This used 2016 Nechville Custom Athena 5-String Resonator Banjo is in excellent, like-new condition and includes:
- Serial #2236
- Made in 2016
- Made in USA
- AAA Curly Maple Neck
- AAA Curly Maple Resonator
- No-Hole Archtop Tone Ring
- 3-Ply Maple Rim
- 5 Star Top Frosted 11" Head
- Compound 7-12" Radiused Ebony Fingerboard
- Spikes at 7th, 9th, and 10th Frets
- Slim Neck Profile
- Heart Blossom Inlay
- Nechville's Cyclotronic System (see below)
- Polished Nickel-Plated Corona Heli-Mount Frame (see below)
- Quick-Cam Neck Connection (see below)
- 2-Way Adjustable Truss Rod
- Nechville's Geometric Peghead with Ebony Overlay and "Nechville" Inlay
- Curly Maple Binding with Black/White Stripe
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- 5/8" Nechville Compensated Bridge
- Wooden Nechville Armrest
- 6-Way Adjustable In-Line Tailpiece
- Honey Amber Stain
- Gloss Finish
- Original TKL Deluxe Archtop Hardshell Case Included
- Original Heli-Mount Tensioning Wrenches (Two) Included
This banjo was originally ordered and purchased new here. One owner, excellent condition.
The Cyclotronic (ball bearing) system is a set of bearings and a bearing race that interface between the tone ring and the wood rim. It keeps the tone ring stationary while the head is tightened. The result is a more pleasing harmonic sustain and a seamless interface that allows sound to be spread to the three ply maple ring.
Similar in operation to a jar lid, the Heli-Mount system produces even tension throughout the banjo head. This takes place in a matter of minutes rather than in an all-day project! Tightening or loosening the Heli-Mount banjo head is accomplished by turning a single threaded tensioning ring which fits inside the Heli-Mount frame. Adjustments are made by rotating two Heli-Mount tensioning wrenches that plug into the back side of the tensioning ring. Nechville Musical Products' revolutionary one-piece cast metal Heli-Mount banjo frame replaces over seventy miscellaneous pieces of hardware used in the construction of conventional hook-and-nut style banjos.
Quick Cam Neck Connection:
While regular banjos do not have effective neck angle adjustments, Nechville necks are easily adjusted for low or high bridges, without the need to remove the resonator. This is without any stress to the heel of the neck and tone components (tone ring, rim and head) of the banjo.
A solid connection between the neck and the body of the banjo is crucial to the sound of a banjo. A regular hook style banjo has a narrow heel and only connected in two relatively small areas, the Nechville neck heel is wider and intimately mated to the body of the instrument for a more solid feel. This translates into a banjo that stays in tune, can be played harder without overdriving it and has plenty of sustain.